Marine life websites
- Marine Life Information Network for Britain and Ireland (MarLIN)
- Marine Conservation Society
- Encylopedia of Marine Life Of Britain and Ireland
- British Marine Life Study Society
- Irish Whale and Dolphin Group
Marine life books
- Photographic Guide to Sea and Shore Life of Britain and North-west Europe by Ray Gibson et. Al. A nice book with a wide range of species, but a lot of incorrect identifications
- Collins gem – Fish. Michael Prichard. Harper Collins
- A Beginner’ Guide to Ireland’s Seashore. Challino, Wickens, Clark, Murphy. Sherkin Island Marine Station.
- Collins pocket guide -Seashore of Britain & Europe. Hayward, Nelson-Smith, Shields. HarperCollins
- Complete Irish Wildlife. Sterry. HarperCollins
- Seasearch Observer’s Guide to Marine Life of Britain and Ireland. Wood. Marine Conservation Society.
- Great British Marine Animals. Naylor. Sound Diving. Superb photographs and interesting text on the commoner marine animals
- Ireland’s Marine Life – A World of Beauty. Murphy, Murphy. Sherkin Island Marine Station.
- A Field Guide to the Marine Fishes of Wales and Adjacent Waters by Paul Kay and Frances Dipper. One of the best books on fish with extremely clear photographs and clear layout.
DUSAC’s Irish sea-life gallery
On this site, there’s a photo gallery showing pictures of marine creatures taken by people in the club. If you have any nice photos, feel free to post them up. If you’re not sure what you were looking at, you can ask in the forum, and hopefully someone will ID it for you.